Saturday, September 17, 2016

I Was Glad

I'll be honest. Moving to Arizona has been rough. Don't get me wrong, I love it down here; I love the experiences I've had; I love the people I am meeting. It was just a major change with moving to a new place, plus the major change of starting graduate school piled up on top of me. It's been very overwhelming and the stress was starting to get to me, but I know this is where I am supposed to be.

Today, for the first time in over a month, I was able to attend an endowment session in the Mesa Temple. We had a ward Temple trip, so it was easier to determine to arrive there. As I walked in the front doors, one of my favorite scriptures from Psalms came to mind: "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." As I walked further in, the weight on my shoulders seemed to get a little lighter. I know my responsibilities and my weight has not changed, but the Temple is a place where God's servants are "armed with [his] power, and that [his] name may be upon them, and [his] glory be round about them, and [his] angels have charge over them;" (Doctrine & Covenants 109:22).

That alone would have been more than enough to help me through my present struggles, but the Lord is even more mindful and caring towards us. I changed clothes, and did the preliminary things as quickly as I normally do, and when I arrived at the waiting room, an ordinance worker asked me if I was there for the ASL session. Of course, I immediately hopped onto that opportunity and joined the 11:00 session, instead of the planned 11:30 session.

It was amazing! I learned so much and had such sweet experiences I would not have had if I had not gone to the ASL session. "The Lord is in the details of our lives." Trust Him, and He will lead you and guide you to the places you need to be, and He will enrich the experience far more than you could ever imagine.

And where do we need to be? In these last days, we need to be in the Temple, and every time we are at the Temple, should always cry within our heart, "I am glad!"