Thursday, October 1, 2015

Reflections 10/1/15

It's been awhile since I'd been able to sit down and actually write a post. My Senior year here at Utah State University has been amazing and extremely busy! It's been a difficult time, but it's also been a time of some of my greatest blessings. In the time since I returned, I've met some of the greatest people who have helped me through some rough patches in the few short weeks in my Senior year, as well as people who have walked with me for many months and years before now.

I've passed two years since my suicide attempt, and two years since I've returned home from my Full Time Mission. Honestly, even amid the struggle, I had no idea my life would ever become this awesome. Thinking about my life, I am reminded of the words in "Come, Come Ye Saints":


But if our lives are spared again
To see the Saints their rest obtain,
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell--
All is well! All is well!

I know that my work, clearly, is not yet complete. Every single day, regardless of what we've done, our lives have been spared to see the Saints obtain their rest. Each day is an opportunity to "come unto Christ, and be perfected in him" (Moroni 10:32). Have I made mistakes along the way? You bet I have! I wish I could take back some things I've done, but the Atoning power is real, both the redemptive and the enabling.

To any person who is lost and who is reading this: know that everything will get better. Jesus Christ died for you. To any person who has helped me along the way and who is reading this: Thank You! Mortal words of any language cannot express my gratitude to you. And may God bless us to stand a little taller, and be a little more each and every day.