Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reporting My Mission


I just reported my mission today. It was so weird! Throughout my mission, I didn't think the day was gonna be all that soon. I loved my mission, and, honestly, didn't want it to end, so today is a very interesting day with mixed feelings. I know that I served every day with my whole soul ("And the spirit and the body are the soul of man." Doctrine and Covenants 88:15). 

It was honestly a time with some of my toughest times. I'm sure nobody but the Lord and me know exactly what happened; and I'm sure he's the only one who knows why it happened. Some days and weeks, my all was very, very limited. I was getting physically, mentally, and emotionally worn down. I am grateful for loving people placed in my path to help out. There are some missionaries that if it wasn't for them, I would have cracked a lot earlier. There were multiple occasions that I received a letter that buoyed me up. I'm sure if I had every miracle written down in which my life or sanity had been saved, it would go on for many pages, but I shall not go into that.

My mission was ultimately a refiner's fire. I learned more about the Lord and His mercies in 15 months than I had in the previous nineteen years. I learned more fully the meaning of The Plan of Happiness. I learned more about myself than I had ever before. It is the greatest experience ever! I would not trade it for anything the world has to offer.